Update for candidates who applied for the 4 December 2012 deadline:
Gates Cambridge has now contacted all candidates who have been selected to interview for the International Round (Round 2). If you have not received an email from Gates Cambridge then you should assume that your application has not been successful.
If eligible to apply, you will need to submit the one application pack for both admission to a postgraduate course at the University of Cambridge and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship. The University decides who to admit and Gates Cambridge decides who is offered the Scholarship. Please read this entire section for full information about applying and selection.
Applications open 1 September, for entry in October 2013. Scholarship deadlines are:
- Round 1 - US citizens based in the USA - 16 October 2012
- Round 2 - all other eligible candidates - 4 December 2012
At a glance
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom may apply
- Scholarships are available for a postgraduate degree in any subject at the University of Cambridge only - it is not possible to study at any other university
- Gates Cambridge does not admit or place scholars - all applications must be made through the University of Cambridge
- One application form for postgraduate admission and a Scholarship
A 12 minute film introducing the Gates scholarships and life and study in Cambridge.
Meet a scholar
Siza Mtimbiri directs a charitable organization that aims to change children’s lives through education and health provision.
Search for a combination of criteria; e.g. James, 2008. Or use our Advanced Search