Applications for 2014 entry have now closed.
US round: all US round applicants who were nominated by departments and also put forward for interview by Shortlisting Committees have been invited to interview. If you are a US citizen based in the USA and have not been invited to interview your application has been unsuccessful.
International round: we are currently asking departments to nominate candidates (the first part of the process) and departmental nominations will be sent to the Trust in early March. At this point Shortlisting Committees will review these applications and suggest an interview list. Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted by the Trust in early March. If you have not been contacted by the Trust by mid-March you application has been unsuccessful.
Applications for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship for October 2015 entry will open on 1 September 2014. The deadlines will be:
- Round 1 (US citizens based in the USA) - 15 October 2014
- Round 2 (all other eligible candidates) - 3 December 2014
Please read the entire Apply section before submitting your application: it contains important information, will answer most of your questions, and will help you submit the best possible application.
At a glance
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom may apply
- Gates Cambridge does not admit or place scholars - all applications must be made through the University of Cambridge
- Scholarships are available for a postgraduate degree in any subject at the University of Cambridge
- One application form for postgraduate admission and a Scholarship
Meet a scholar
Stan Wang talks about creating non-embryonic stem cells for use in regenerative medicine.
Search for a combination of criteria; e.g. James, 2008. Or use our Advanced Search